Primary Care Paramedic
Yeovil, Somerset, England
- £ 39000.0 - 44500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Aug 2020
- 8 Feb 2021
Chase Medical ae recruiting for an exciting new position, for a Paramedic to work with a GP Surgery in Yeovil, on a permanent employment basis. You will be working with the newly established Acute Care Team; led by an experienced Emergency Care Practitioner and working alongside GPs, Nurses and Paramedics to deliver on the appointments and home visits.
The vacancy is full time hours, and a degree of flexibility can be offered around this for the right candidate. The salary on offer is negotiable up to £44,500 FTE. There are also other fantastic benefits to working with this surgery, including excellent in-house training, up to 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Medical Indemnity and NHS Pension payments included.
The surgery is a training practice, and so they take pride in the development of their staff, and career progression is common amongst the team. As part of the role, the successful candidate will be encouraged to participate in clinical supervision and annual appraisals, maintaining and taking charge of your own personal development. You will also be encouraged to collaborate with the lead GP and practice manager on any new training requirements.
- Making professionally autonomous decisions, for which you will be accountable
- Clinically triage, assess, examine, diagnose, plan and evaluate treatment / interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis within their own home
- Screen patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Develop with the patient an ongoing nursing care plan for health, with an emphasis on health education and preventative medicine
- Independently prescribe and review medications within the practitioner's competency and scope of practice for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patients needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice
- Perform advanced therapeutic interventions within a competency framework
- Effectively lead and monitor the delivery of care to ensure the individual needs of the individual and groups of patients are met
- Provide information to patients, relatives and carers regarding the treatment options assessments, investigations and follow up, acting as an expert resource for the care of patients with medical conditions
If you'd like to apply for this post then please contact Sarah at Chase Medical on 0114 2757421, or you can send your CV straight through by clicking APPLY NOW.
Chase Medical are a specialist Primary Care recruitment agency. We work with GP Surgeries locally to source the best jobs out there, negotiating salaries and employment conditions for our valued candidates. If you're interested in this job, or want to know about the other vacancies we have then contact us today!