Healthcare Assistant -The Wellesley Hospital Somerset
Wellington, Somerset, England
- £ 16965 - 21000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 12 Jun 2019
- 10 Jul 2019
Are you a Healthcare Worker or thinking about a career in care?
Our Healthcare Worker role could be the job for you!
Are you located near the Wellesley Hospital in Wellington Somerset?
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 70 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Annual salary: £16,965-£21,000 depending on experience.
Hours per week: 37.5
Our Healthcare Worker role involves:
- Assisting and supporting the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients in the unit and on community trips as part of our nursing team.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the direct supervision of a qualified nurse
- Undertaking a range of duties involving direct patient contact and interaction
- Working within an identified career development pathway and being expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolios.
Please note that you will be required to undertake some day and some night shifts.
To be successful as a Healthcare Worker, you'll need:
Experience preferred but not essential
- Experience within a secure mental health facility
- Experience in working with patients with complex mental health problems
- Full Training will be given
Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibility
- Basic literacy skills
- Common sense approach to problem solving
- Basic numeracy skills
- Motivation and initiative
- Some appreciation of Mental Health problems
- Education to GCSE Standard - NVQ or equivalent would be an advantage
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits