Occupational Therapist - Children and young people
London, Greater London, England
- £ 30 - 30 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 May 2019
- 19 Jun 2019
Occupational Therapist - Children and young people - North East London - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Children and Young people team with one of our clients in North East London. This is a multidisciplinary team within a social care setting that aims to support young people with physical disabilities.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Continuing professional development
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
- The role will involve providing specialist occupational therapy assessments for children and young people 14-25 years undergoing Transition to adulthood.
- The role will involve home visits to carry out assessments and reviews of the young people's functional needs and environmental difficulties.
- In conjunction with the service user, to formulate a plan to enhance their independence either through, Reablement, rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations and assessing the needs of the carer where eligible addressed.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and liaising with other professionals such as partners of the council and Health departments
- Experience of major adaptations, reablement, gain programs, and moving and handling assessments
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
As a Occupational Therapist, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email Apply
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 41,000 - 43,000 Per yearFull time...PermanentHarrow, Greater London, England
Health and disability assessment role – Disability Analyst in Harrow Location: Harrow Salary: £41,000 - £43,000 Experienced Physiot...
£ 32000 - 36000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
JustOT is working on an exciting Occupational Therapy opportunity in South West London. Our client a 39 bedded purpose-built psychi...