Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 May 2019
- 14 Jun 2019
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care, inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- Be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership.
- To provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost effective use of medicines.
- To advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management of medicines, ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards.
- To promote a multidisciplinary, patient focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high quality healthcare service.
Who we are looking for
- Degree (BSc/MSc Hons)
- Current member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient requirements.
- Analysing clinical and management problems and coming up with viable solutions
- Working as a practitioner in and across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient cases
- Experience of clinical leadership g. developing peers
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless on Applyor Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Pharmacist in Southampton, Hampshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 51383 - 57596 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Surve...