Diagnostic Imaging – Radiology Manager
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 May 2019
- 2 Jun 2019
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have a Theatre refurbishment planned for Spring 2019 to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
About the role
To provide exemplary radiology care for patients while managing the Imaging Department. To ensure the diagnostic imaging team delivers an effective and timely service to our Consultants and patients by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership. To have overall responsibility for the departmental budget, meeting all regulatory requirements and delivery of the imaging service in line with departmental and hospital business plans.
This is a permanent position, we will consider 30 to 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility is required, evening work to be expected, occasional weekend work.
You will be working directly with hospital specialist consultants and have close links with all hospital departments.
To scope and implement any potential Service developments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and wellbeing needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual's health and wellbeing needs.
- Establish and maintain communication with various individuals and groups on complex potentially stressful topics, across a range of situations
- Develop own managerial and clinical knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop.
- Develop strategies and policies for service improvement.
- Improve quality.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Delegate work to others.
- Determine the effective use of physical and financial resources.
- Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team
- Assist with research and development.
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measurement, monitoring, diagnoses and treatment.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Who we're looking for
- Degree (BSc Hons) or equivalent.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professional Council
- Analysing imaging management problems and coming up with viable solutions
- Working as a practitioner in and across multi disciplinary teams
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient cases
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
- Experience, minimum of 2 years in a lead position within your team
- Supervisory/Management qualification
- Member of the Society of Radiographers
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
For further information about this role or if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Carly Dack on Applyor Apply
This job was posted to Radiography in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 40,000 - 50,000 Per yearFull timePermanentOxford, Oxfordshire, England
MRI Lead Radiographer / Radiology Manager - Private Healthcare £40,000 to £50,000 (negotiable) + Extensive Benefits &...
£ 18.19 - 36.98 Per hourFull timeContractReading, Berkshire, England
Band 6 Treatment/Pre-Treatment Radiographer required to work in Royal Berkshire Hospital, Must have knowledge of Elekta Linacs and ...