Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 May 2019
- 2 Jun 2019
The department covers all categories of pharmacy including oncology. The small supportive team, make this a fantastic department to work in. We are happy for you to come from a community or hospital background as long as you have the enthusiasm and passion to further develop yourself and your career.
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care and inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
We provide highly specialist services which makes Spire Southampton unique from many other private hospitals offering a range of treatments and surgery not undertaken elsewhere in private practice. We deliver to the highest standard of care to patients with excellent reported patient outcomes in cardiac surgery, putting patients at the heart of everything we do.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in delivering pharmaceutical care to meet patients health and wellbeing needs.
- Assist in assessing people's health and wellbeing within the context of their medicines.
- Movement and management of medicines.
- Establish and maintain communication with people about pharmacy activities and medicines.
- Modify and structure data, information, computer records and stock management documents.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of services.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety and security of self and others.
Who we're looking for
- NVQ 2 or Equivalent
- 2 years' experience in either community or hospital
- Great communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Tim Shaw at Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Pharmacy dispenser in Southampton, Hampshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27936 - 34628 Per yearFull timePermanentEaling, London, Greater London, England
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of NHS mental and physical care in the UK. We are rated 'good' by the Ca...