Permanent Neurology Consultant - Leicestershire
- £ 77000 - 105000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 29 Apr 2019
- 27 May 2019
Multi award-winning healthcare recruiter ID Medical is seeking a Consultant Neurology placement at leading NHS trusts in Leicestershire area. This role will provide a vital gateway to progress your career. The working environment delivers a fast-paced, progressive and rewarding experience. The atmosphere is an open and warm outlook with aims to improve learning.
Core duties would include:
- Develop the acute and general neurology service along with the other consultants for a more integrated neurology service with an emphasis on streamlining pathways for neurology input in primary and secondary care
- Work with consultant colleagues and the head of service to develop the existing services with a five year plan to be recognised as a centre of excellence in neurology with particular emphasis on the multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and movement disorders services.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff, specialist nurses and the research nurses
- Have shared responsibility for the neurology in-patient beds, including acute neurology referrals, (and whilst on call providing cover for the brain injury unit and younger disabled unit).
- Teaching and administration.
- To support the placement of students in the department and act as a clinical teacher
- To facilitate delivery of undergraduate teaching as directed by the departmental education lead.
- To volunteer and act as an examiner at undergraduate professional examinations (IPE and Finals)
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The key benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 77913 - 77913 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Surve...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...