Sterile Services Technician
London, Greater London, England
- £ 22,341 - 23861 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 26 Apr 2019
- 26 May 2019
Service Technician - Hospital Sterilisation & Decontamination Unit
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
The London Clinic would like to hear from bright, proactive individuals with strong customer service backgrounds for an interesting Service Technician position within our Hospital Sterilisation and Decontamination Unit (HSDU) department located at our main hospital site in Central London (W1G 6BW). It is important to note that within our HSDU department the decontamination of our surgical instruments is outsourced to an external provider.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic has state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees and a total of 8 premises, with our main hospital spanning 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a dedicated endoscopy suite. We combine the warmth of traditional patient care with unrivalled expertise.
As a Service Technician will be responsible for maintaining the supply of surgical instruments used in The London Clinic’s Theatres.
Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week (Shift rotation - Service runs from 7am to 10pm; Mon to Fri & 7:30am to 5:30pm; Saturday)
Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £22,341 - £23,861, depending on skills & experiences.
Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme, Private Medical Healthcare, 20 day’s annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will organise and retain the tracking and supply of surgical instruments for use within Theatres, and will also support the Consultants with the decontamination process of their equipment.
- You can expect to be in regular contact and liaise with the clinical teams daily regarding the supply of surgical instruments. You will need to be able to use your judgement to respond to priorities - like when a surgeon needs a surgical instrument for immediate use.
- You will be providing a consistently high level of customer service to our clinical teams so that they in turn can provide the high levels of patient care that the London Clinic is known for.
- There will also be an opportunity for you to be trained in the decontamination of flexible endoscopes.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong background and interest in customer care. Prior technical experience in this area is not required as full training will be provided.
- You need to be self-motivated with the ability to use your own initiative and follow a methodical and organised approach to your work.
- The Service Technician will be liaising with all grades of Theatre Staff, Consultants and external suppliers, so superb communication skills are necessary.
- As with most our teams, you’ll be working a shift pattern, so will need to be flexible around your working hours.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.
This job was posted to Sterile services in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 36,000 - 38,000 Per yearFull timePermanentDoncaster, South Yorkshire, England
Clinical Psychologist - Children's Residential School South Yorkshire £36,000 - £38,000 Remit Compass Associates are proudly...