Pharmacy Technician We have an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified Pharmacy Technicians with a keen interest in providing a patient focused service to children.
The successful applicant must have the NVQ Pharmacy Services Level 3 qualification
(or equivalent) and BTEC or equivalent certificate and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC).
As an integral part of the Dispensary team, the successful applicants will participate in a three month rotation enabling them to gain experience in the following areas:
- Dispensing in-patient, out-patient and discharge prescriptions
- Clinical Trial prescriptions
- Technical Services
- Comprehensive patient counselling
- Controlled drug requisitions
- Extemporaneous preparations
- Costing of private patient prescriptions
- Day to day running of Distribution
- Homecare Services
- Operation of the Automated Dispensing Robot & Intelligent Storage system
- Assisting the senior staff in the day-to-day running of the Dispensary, and the training of Pre-Registration trainee Technicians and Assistants.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is able to demonstrate effective communication skills and attention to detail.
The postholder is expected to work a 1 in 8 Saturday from 9am - 5pm
and Dispensary late duties from 5.15pm - 6pm every six to eight weeks.
Applications from Pre-Registration Trainee Technicians registering with the GPhC this summer will be considered.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Ann Horton,
Operational Lead on Apply
crvdbrcktso email Apply