** Please Note that Internal at Risk Employees will be given preference for this position.**
To apply for this post please go to NHS Jobs using the below reference number. Please note CV's will not be accepted.
Please note, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward for this vacancy at any time should we receive an overwhelming response of applications. We therefore encourage applicants to apply early if you wish to be considered for this post
If you do not hear from the recruitment 4 weeks within the advertised closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. Please ensure that you check your NHS Jobs Account on a regular basis for any recruitment updates regarding this vacancy.
Successful applicants for clinical posts up to and including Band 4 are expected to hold the national Care Certificate qualification and will be supported to attain this once in post.
The Trust is committed to equal opportunities, providing opportunities for flexible working and is a non-smoking organisation.
The successful applicant will be notified in the same manner that they have applied. For example, online applicants will be notified via NHS Jobs using the email address provided (your NHS Jobs username). All further correspondence will be via the same method, so it is important that you regularly check your NHS Jobs account after the closing date for this post. For paper applications, applicants will be notified by post.
Mental Health Community Planned care services
Complex Care Team, Wolverhampton
Senior Occupational Therapist
Band 6 - 37.5 hrs
Are you passionate about recovery and mental health? Do you want to make a difference to adults and their families living with mental health needs in the community? If so, we would love you to join our team.
We are looking for:
- An experienced, enthusiastic and forward thinking Senior Occupational Therapist who will use evidence and recovery based practice to work in a multi-disciplinary community team to work with adults with mental health needs.
- A driven and motivated Senior Occupational Therapist with excellent communication, team working skills and initiative.
Key duties include:
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate Occupational Therapy individual and group based interventions, contributing to review and discharge planning.
- Use evidence based tools based on the Model of Human Occupation.
- To support leadership of a needs and outcome focused service, offering clinical supervision and contribution to the learning of others.
- Care co- ordinate a defined caseload, being committed to multi-disciplinary working.
What we can offer you:
- Support from a large AHP workforce including AHP board, peer support groups and professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to develop and enhance your leadership skills with specific leadership and coaching courses on offer.
- Care lease scheme, childcare vouchers and promotion of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Regular clinical supervision from the Occupational Therapy team leader and on-going CPD opportunities within the Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Julie Bowater OT Team Leader on Apply
and / or Apply