The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust Pharmacy Department Diploma Pharmacist Agenda for Change Band 6 Full Time - 37.5 hours per week Permanent Contract
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is an innovative, integrated healthcare organisation which continues to develop at pace. We serve a population of over Apply
in the Rotherham area through impressive modern facilities at Rotherham Hospital, as well as community-based sites and directly in patients' homes. We employ 4,300 colleagues providing excellent patient care and with an annual turnover of over £236 million.
We are recognised for the high quality of compassionate care we provide for our patients and their families. Whilst there remain challenges ahead we are well positioned through our programme of transformation and our work with partners to create safe, high quality and affordable integrated healthcare services which are fit for the future needs of our population.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed pharmacist who is interested in participating in a clinical diploma to work within our well-established and friendly medicines optimisation team. With a strong focus on ward based clinical care you will join a well-respected and experienced team, enhancing the care given to our patients.
The role of the successful candidate will include:
- Providing pharmaceutical care to patients from admission to discharge on the wards
- Working as a pharmacist in the multi-disciplinary team
- Working with other members of the medicines optimisation team
- Connections within the manufacturing department
- Educating patients and their carers on their medicines
- Supervision and training of junior members of the pharmacy staff and pharmacy students
- On the job learning under the supervision of senior clinical pharmacists.
The post will involve an out of hours commitment operated from home.
If you're looking for a new challenge, are newly qualified or are about to qualify, or are just looking for a change we would be interested in talking to you. Please contact
Carole Taylor, Clinical Services Manager, tel Apply
Eleanor Lowey, Senior Clinical pharmacist, tel Apply