Flitwick, Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
- £ 9 - 9 Per hour
- Full time
- Contract, Permanent
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Apr 2019
- 11 Jul 2019
Baycroft Flitwick in Bedfordshire is the superb location chosen for this luxury Baycroft home. Residents will be able to rely on 24-hour personalised care tailored to their individual requirements and help to ensure their move is as seamless as possible.
Our aim is to develop a service adjusted to the individual needs of each resident and a place where they are proud to call home. We have luxury homes offering the highest levels of support to its residents through personalised Nursing and Dementia care.
About the role:
Location: Fairfield Park, Hitchin
Pay rate: £9 per hour
Hours/shifts: Monday - Friday plus alternate weekends
You will be required to develop and oversee an active living programme for each resident, which supports mobility, social contact, independence and fun so each and every one of our residents can thrive and live to their full potential. You will be collaborating with the nursing and senior staff to make an assessment of strengths and capabilities of each resident in regards to activities of daily living.
You will ensure that any risk assessments have been carried out prior to any new planned activity or event. While doing this you should also be able to devise simple and safe activities which encourage movement and maintain joint flexibility and functional use of hands and fingers in activities. This can be inside or outside the home and you will have access to work with the senior team to ensure that the residents have full access to the homes minibus and to make sure it is used regularly for activities away from the home.
- Working with people with complex conditions and challenging behaviour
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Knowledge and empathy of the service user group
- Working effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- First Aid Certificate
- Involvement in community groups
- Budgetary control
- Knowledge of organising activities to enhance lives of residents
- Working within care home environment
Whats in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Eye care vouchers
- 28 days annual leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £300
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Study Leave
- Career Break after 3 years service
- Medicash Scheme
-Opportunities to progress your career within One Housing group.
This job was posted to Health care administration in Flitwick, Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30401 - 37267 Per yearPart timeBankCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Our Trust Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Camb...