An exciting opportunity has arisen as a part time 0.6 FTE Consultant Psychiatrist
to join our team at Hooper Ward. This is a General Adult Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) which can support up to 15 patients. It aims to enable the recovery of women with complex needs through individualised and tailored care packages. The post holder will be the responsible clinician and will oversee and maintain the care of all ward inpatients as required.
For the right candidate who possesses medical lead skills there is an additional 0.2 FTE available in a Medical Director
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a smoke free gender specific hospital for women with complex mental health needs. We accept emergency and planned, pre-assessed admissions. We provide a multi-disciplinary approach, to help service users return home as quickly as possible.
As a growing organisation, with exciting plans for the future, we are passionate about driving employee development and supporting our staff's wellbeing. Cygnet Hospital Beckton offers a great range of benefits, which includes scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer free meals and free car parking.In this role you will:
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- Have medical responsibility for up to approximately 15 patients within the ward
- Streamline and manage the admissions and discharges for the most efficient use of beds at the hospital
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with Consultant Psychiatrists, Doctors, other AHPs on site NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital
- Working in close collaboration with service users and multidisciplinary teams to produce effective treatment plans for service users
- To have daily handovers from the nursing staff as well as all other appropriate meetings including MDT meetings, CPAs, Tribunals and Managers’ hearings
- Participate in the Consultant on-call rota
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
- Experience and knowledge of General Adult and PICU psychiatry
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent communication skills
- £90,000 for 0.6 FTE Consultant post or £ Apply for 0.8 FTE Consultant post Plus Site Medical Director post
- Support from an onsite Specialty Doctor and multi-disciplinary team
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning and development
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Dr Morgan Haldane (Interim Medical Director) on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*