"At Epsom and St Helier Hospitals, above all we value respect. We put respect at the heart of all we do, by living up to our shared behaviours of kindness, professionalism, positivity and teamwork. This enables us to provide great patient care and make ESTH a great place to work. When you sign up to work with us, you sign up to this and we welcome applicants who share our values." Ophthalmology Paediatric Consultant
£77,913 - £ Apply
p.a excl. LW
Full Time - 10PAs
Our Ophthalmology team are looking for a passionate and motivated Ophthalmology Paediatric Consultant who will provide excellent patient care and bring added value to the team of 12 substantive consultants covering all subspecialties.
We're a dynamic and vibrant department with 10 of the consultants having been appointed in the last 8 years, with a strong teamwork ethic. If successful, you would be supported by 2 outstanding medical retina and 2 medical/vitreoretinal consultants, with 6 fellows, 1 SAS doctor, 4 deanery trainees and optometrists also in support.
There is a dedicated eye casualty based at St Helier, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm and along with the other consultants in the department you will be involved in managing a wide range of acute ophthalmology patients.
We're looking for a candidate who can provide a high standard of clinical skill and expertise in Paediatric Ophthalmology management, and shares the Trust's values in delivering safe and effective patient care. In return, we offer a rewarding job role, working in one of the most attractive areas of the country, in one of the best ophthalmic teams. Requirements:
- You must be fully registered with the GMC and hold Licence to Practice and be on the Specialist Register, or within six months of attaining your CCT or equivalent at interview stage.
- You must have evidence of a specialist Paediatric Ophthalmology interest.
- To at all times, comply with the GMC's guidance on 'Good Medical Practice' as amended or substituted from time to time.
- To undertake duties as defined within the attached job plan in so far as practicable and in agreement with your Clinical Director.
- To be responsible for the Clinical Management of in and out patients under your care.
Please refer to the job description for a more comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities, trust services and facilities and the job plan. Closing Date: 22/04/2019 Interview Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mr Steven Harsum, Clinical Lead Apply