Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist looking for your next challenge working with Learning Disabilities?
Cygnet has recently merged with The Danshell Group, an exciting time and a new chapter. Here is your chance to be a part of it!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist - Learning Disabilities to join us at Danshell Newbus Grange Hospital. We would happily consider full time and part time applicants.
Newbus Grange near Darlington, County Durham is a 17 bed independent hospital providing specialist assessment and rehabilitation for men on the autistic spectrum with associated complex needs. There is full access to clinical and therapeutic specialist support to enable us to deliver creative, flexible and effective responses to individual need.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with other AHPs and a full time Specialty Doctor.
You will have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team, nursing team and Hospital Manager. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the service.
To be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend hearings whenever possible.Candidate Profile:
In Return, We Will Offer You:
- Full GMC Registration, Section 12 and AC Status
- Recent experience at a senior level in within Learning Disability Psychiatry.
- Preferably experience within Older Adult Psychiatry as well
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Ability to work alongside and lead a multidisciplinary team
- In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary: up to £140k pro rata (depending on experience)
- Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
- CPD support and study leave
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Relocation package will also be considered
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care enables 2200 individuals across 108 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Requirements
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.