Give Your Career A Positive Change.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Clinical / Forensic Psychologist with experience of working with adults with complex mental health issues to join us at Cygnet Hospital Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18. The post is based within the male acute service at Cygnet Hospital Taunton. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. The service can cater for up to 18 men, who may be detained under the Mental Health Act or informal.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.In This Role You’ll:
We're Looking For People Who Have:
- Provide psychological assessments of service users prior to admission, where appropriate.
- Provide specialist psychological assessments of service users admitted to Cygnet Taunton Hospital, based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with service users, family members and others involved in the service user’s care.
- Formulate and implement psychological treatment and management plans for individual service users relating to mental health, risk and social needs.
- Deliver a range of specialist psychological interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups, including directing and facilitating psychological therapy groups relevant to all service users in conjunction with the other members of the therapy team.
In Return We’ll Offer You:
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical/forensic psychology (or equivalent), leading to eligibility for chartered status with the BPS
- Eligible for registration with the HCPC under the appropriate domain specific title
- Eligibility for Graduate Membership of BPS
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification clinical experience
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity
- Salary £45,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Company pension scheme
- The opportunity to join an established Psychology department comprised of a range of Clinical psychologists, Assistant Psychologists, Psychology students, Speech and Language Therapists and Art Therapists
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo ago an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.