An exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at Cygnet Kenton Lodge on a part time basis.
This role will be working 3 days (6 sessions) per week between Monday to Friday with an on-call requirement which involves telephone advice.
Cygnet Lodge Kenton, in North-West London, is a female high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service that provides a care pathway for service users who are preparing to step down to community living. Our service provides a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.The Opportunity...
This is a part-time position of 6 programmed activities providing psychiatric care to adult (18-65) inpatients and residents of at Cygnet Kenton Lodge. The unit is a female high dependency rehabilitation ward which can support up to 15 patients and provides a care pathway for service users who are preparing to step down to community living.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of client treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit.
You will prescribe and review medication, lead the implementation of risk assessment / risk management, and embed clinical governance within the service.
Each patient must be interviewed and re-assessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
Participation in Ward Rounds and in other multi-disciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA’s), Mental Health Review Tribunals (MHRT’s) and Section 117 meetings, ensuring that full and up-to-date clinical information is available to the meeting and ensuring that medical decisions are implemented as planned.
You will also provide clinical support and supervision to the Specialty Doctor on the unit.Are You The Successful Candidate We Are Looking For?
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
- Section 12 Approval and AC Status
- Experience of working in adult mental health
- Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability and experience in making clinical decisions along with knowledge of risk assessment and management principles
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Salary up to £ Apply pro rata
- Support from an onsite Specialty Doctor and multi-disciplinary team
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning and development
- Free meal
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years.Requirements...
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*