An exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at Cygnet Sherwood House.
Cygnet Sherwood House is a 30 bed specialist high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men dedicated to providing a high quality environment for promoting long-term recovery.The Opportunity
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for clients across the service and work as part of a team to include; A Specialty Doctor, Allied Health Professionals, Psychology. Management, Nursing and Support Workers.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of client treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the service.
Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend hearings whenever possible.
The role is Monday to Friday 40 hours per week and there will also be a requirement to participate in the on-call rota which is approximately 1:8 (2nd on-calls).Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
• Experience of working in Adult Psychiatry
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• MRCPsych or equivalent
• In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
• Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
• Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Excellent communication skillsWhy Cygnet? We'll offer you
• Salary: up to £ Apply
(depending on experience)
• Specialty Doctor onsite support
• Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
• CPD support and study leave
• Contributory pension scheme
• The opportunity to undertake further learning and developmentAbout Us
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on clients and their families. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care enables us to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you would like to speak someone in more detail about this role, please contact Dr. Lanka on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*