Give your career a positive change.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Occupational Therapist to join our team at Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is a 17 bed specialist high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further nine bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
At Cygnet Health Care you will have the chance to make a real impact on residents and their families. You will be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you will benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.The Role of a Specialist Occupational Therapist:
Summary of Responsibilities
- To independently manage a defined specialist caseload of clients with complex needs and differential diagnosis, using evidenced based practice/client based principles to assess, plan, formulate, implement and evaluate interventions in a variety of settings (individually and/or in groups and as part of a multidisciplinary team).
- To supervise others, providing leadership, including supervision and continuing professional development to Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants as delegated by Line Manager.
- To actively participate in and initiate the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within a designated area/team, holding responsibility for defined projects.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- To deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework that draws upon occupational theory and evidence.
- This includes the setting of SMART targets and using appropriate outcome measures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
- This includes the evaluation of the client’s environment so that it supports optimal engagement in daily occupations and facilitates skill development
- This may include the use of adaptive equipment and/or involvement in developing suitable environments for the client group
- Clinical: To plan, design and deliver teaching/ training to staff at the site and service level, under the guidance of a highly specialist occupational therapist
Clinical: To contribute towards the planning, development and evaluation of the occupational therapy service within a designated area/team, conducting clinical audits and research, demonstrating awareness of national and local legislation, and actively contributing towards internal and external clinical governance processes.
In return we will offer you:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy (RCOT)
- Experience with an adult mental health.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions
- A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Salary up to £24,065 (depending on experience)
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunity to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
- Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
- CPD and research opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.