Are you a HCPC registered Psychologist looking for your next challenge in Mental Health? Cygnet Woodside may have the opportunity for you
Cygnet is one of the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Psychologist.
Cygnet Woodside provides a high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities, who may have behaviours that challenge and associated complex needs.Job Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Clinical Psychologist with experience of working with adults to join our service. The post-holder will have post-doctoral specialist clinical training and will provide psychological assessments and interventions to service users as part of the inpatient rehabilitation programme. The post-holder will also be expected to offer advice and consultation on service users' psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and other non-professional carers. The post-holder will be required to provide clinical supervision to Assistant Psychologists, trainee psychologists and other therapy trainees. The post-holder will work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service's policies and procedures. The post-holder will be expected to be involved in audit, policy and service development and the assessment of clinical outcomes. As a member of the Psychology and Therapies Departments there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events, training, and research.Candidate Profile
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical/forensic psychology (or equivalent), leading to eligibility for chartered status with the BPS
- Eligible for registration with the HCPC under the appropriate domain specific title
- Eligibility for Graduate Membership of BPS
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity
- Experience of working with a wide variety of patient groups, of varying severity, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems and verbal and physical abuse
- Experience of working on in-patient wards, and within an MDT framework
- Experience of CBT group and individual work and in supervising/facilitating/running of therapeutic/psycho-educational groups
- Experience of conducting psychological research
- You will be a strong team player, confident and enthusiastic, and well organised. Patience and resilience are essential, but above all you’ll be someone with a genuine desire to help others.
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cygnet is committed to Safeguarding vulnerable service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cygnet is an equal opportunities employer.
If you have any further questions on this role or would like to arrange an informal visit to the site please contact Dr Majid Saleem, Clinical Psychologist on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*