An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Hospital Churchill.
Cygnet Churchill is a 57 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men in London. The service is CQC rated 'Good' and the team are dedicated to providing a high quality environment for promoting long-term recovery.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work alongside the Consultant Psychiatrist and as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide continuous medical cover to patients on our newly refurbished Juniper Court - a 16 bedded acute male mental health unit. The post-holder will provide high quality medical interventions and will support as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team, which include Nursing Staff, full-time Occupational Therapist, and a full-time Forensic Psychologist.
This full-time (10PAs) role has been created to support the recent reconfiguration of Juniper Court, one of the rehabilitation units at Churchill Hospital, into a new acute care pathway to reflect the recent change in clinical needs of our clients.
The post-holder will provide acute assessment of service users in a mental health crisis with the aim of helping them to recover through the provision of a holistic care which includes pharmacological and non-pharmacological strategies. Patients are referred to Juniper Court from community settings, from other acute NHS wards, or internally, through mutual agreements with other Cygnet Hospital units as part of step-down (from PICUs for instance) or up-stream transfer (from other rehabilitation wards) based on a careful assessment of their needs and suitability.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and initiating treatment plans under Consultant supervision of clients of the unit are key duties of this role, along with maintaining full records of medical and psychiatric assessments and interventions. Participation in ward rounds and in other multi-disciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA), Managers Panels, Mental Health Review Tribunals etc.
To prescribe and review medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist and undertake clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care.
To communicate effectively with mental health and other agencies and professionals as required for client assessment and for co-ordination of discharge plans.
We are looking for people who have...
• Full GMC registration
• Experience in Adult Psychiatry is preferred
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
• The ability to interview, assess and treat clients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• The ability to work with as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
• Desirable: Section 12
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
• Salary: up to £85k (depending on experience)
• The ability to work alongside an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team
• Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
• CPD support and study leave
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
• Medical indemnity cover
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
- You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
We have over 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.