I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Healthcare Assistant | Surgical Wards| Band 3 equivalent | Permanent | 37.5 hours days, nights and weekends
Spire Nottingham has a unique opportunity for a dedicated individual to join us as a Healthcare Assistant; in this exciting dual role provide first class support to our Endoscopy & Sterile Services teams, playing a key role in our patient journey throughout their time at the hospital.
Our brand new, state of the art hospital in Nottingham offers comprehensive services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from Nottingham and the surrounding areas. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required undertake a wide variety of tasks to assist in the running of our endoscopy unit such as cleaning of equipment, setting up scopes, conducting biopsies as well as patient observations, discharges and admin related to the running of the department. You will work in sterile services which will involve the cleaning and sterilization our theatres & equipment, as well as accurate cataloging and tracking of equipment.
Who we are looking for:
• It is essential you have experience working in a clinical environment and be an extremely motivated, caring individual.
• Ideally, you will hold an NVQ Level 3 in health and social care; however this is not essential as full training can be provided.
• Experience working in endoscopy and sterile services would be highly desirable but again, not essential.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
• 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
• ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
• Free Bupa wellness screening
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please click apply and you will receive a call back from Andrew Owen.