Our client is a private multidisciplinary hospital based in Dubai Healthcare City. This state-of-the-art facility is a leader in the provision of patient centred healthcare services in the region. This resonates through the highest quality of staff, range of services offered, equipment and facilities provided.
We are recruiting for a Consultant - PICU.
- Basic Medical Degree recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority.
- Completion and certification of a higher professional education program in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority: CCT in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care, or American Board Certification in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care, equivalent in Pediatric Intensive Care recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority.
- Proven experience and competence in all aspects of Pediatric Intensive Care.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, since gaining higher qualification, of which three years should be at a Consultant level.
- Experience in a Western hospital setting is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Publication in peer reviewed journals would be well regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care and commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and high level of interpersonal and organizational skills is expected of this role.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic language skills are well regarded).
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide specialised Paediatric Intensive Care Services to patients according to current best-evidence based standards.
- Participate equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participate in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff and in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
- Conduct Clinical Audits in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participate in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the Paediatric Service and the Hospital.
- Participate in activities and opportunities to promote the Paediatric Service and the Hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of Paediatric Intensive Care.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- Attractive tax free salary
- Accommodation allowance and Transportation allowance
- Mobilisation/ Repatriation flights
- Medical Insurance/ Life & Disability Cover (Self & family if family are sponsored and on ground)
- Generous vacation leave and public holidays
- Gratuity Award
Please note the targeted start date for each position is dependent on the speciality/ level and current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.