Highly Specialist Speech and Language TherapistSalary up to £22500 (FTE, £37500)Hours: 24 hours per week Contract: Permanent
Cygnet Health Care has recently merged with Danshell which has given rise a new opportunity for a Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to join the team. The role would be based at our North East Danshell services and would consist of working:
- 2 days - Whorlton Hall (Whorlton Village, County Durham DL12 8XQ) an independent hospital for adults living with a learning disability and provides assessment and treatment for men and women living with a learning disability and complex needs.
- 1 day - Thornfield Grange (60 Etherley Lane, Bishop Auckland County Durham DL14 7QZ) a Residential Care Home with Nursing for adults living with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs.
The team support those who have additional mental or physical health needs, complex behaviours and difficulties with social engagement.Job Role:
As a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within a hospital and residential setting. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy and the onsite service manager. Postgraduate qualification in the management of dysphagia is desirable but not essential. As a Highly Specialist, you would have the responsibility of providing clinical supervision to a full time Specialist SLT working at a neighbouring hospital and residential service.We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
In return we offer:
- Strong clinical and professional skills
- Experience in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Knowledge of key national drivers for inpatient services such as Transforming Care, Five RCSLT Good Communication Standards.
- Qualification in Dysphagia management desirable
- Evidence of providing clinical supervision.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
- An immediate peer network in the North East consisting of 3 SLTs
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists.
- CPD and Developmental opportunities
- Dysphagia qualification if required.
- Meal provision on duty
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
Full induction training is given and you will receive clinical supervision through a member of the Speech and language Therapy team.
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.Closing date:
8th April 2019Interview date(s):
week commencing 22nd April 2019