Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Occupational Therapist, NHS, Bristol, to £36,644 + excellent NHS benefits
An Occupational Therapist is required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts to cover a maternity leave for 12 months. Based at Southmead Hospital with a basic salary of up to £36,644 + excellent NHS benefits, you will be joining a large friendly team responsible for provision of occupational therapy to inpatients within medicine/complex care.WHY APPLY?
This Occupational Therapist position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role with:
- An interesting and challenging caseload including frailty, dementia, palliative care, respiratory, cardiology, gastroenterology and infectious diseases.
- Excellent facilities in a new purpose built hospital including therapy rooms and ADL facilities. Wards have 75% single rooms with ensuite wet rooms and ceiling track hoists. Staff are also well provided for with cafes and restaurant with roof terrace, cycle centre and wellbeing courses.
- Collaborative multi-disciplinary team working with close links to community partners
- Good support and development opportunities, plus training to facilitate your CPD.
As an Occupational Therapist, your responsibilities will include:
- Provision of high standard occupational therapy to inpatients referred to the team, using specialised skills to provide a comprehensive service to patients.
- Supervision of junior and support staff.
- Training of occupational therapy students on practice placement.
- Participation in the planning, development and evaluation of services within the specialty team, holding responsibility for defined projects.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Ellie Edwards (Team Leader) Apply
Gill Wolfe (Team Leader) Apply
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel Apply
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments. Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DBS charges.
We are committed to Equal Opportunity - Job Share Applications are welcomed.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas .
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( https