Are you an enthusiastic and ambitious Dietician looking for your next challenge? Do you want to join an established team and an organisation that truly lives its values? We are looking for a Sessional Dietician to cover the services provided at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
As part of one of the UK’s largest independent providers of mental health care, Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is an exciting place to build your career. The hospital offers a range of inpatient services for adults. You’ll be joining a dynamic therapy team, with an absolute focus on delivering superior patient care through a range of proven models of treatment.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our new state-of-the-art, 65 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the new Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone. This sessional role requires you to work 3 hours per week.
Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and a low security ward for women, and a men-only Low Secure Ward. In line with our focus on recovery and reintegration, our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step down settings within the Cygnet family.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting post or require any further information then please contact the recruitment team.
- Weight management – Either the need to lose weight (tackling obesity) or the need to increase weight (Disordered eating programme)
- Current and previous dietary intake, eating habits and weight history
- Other eating disorder behaviour e.g. purging, use of laxatives and diuretics
- History of weight reducing diets, including family history of dieting
- Current nutritional knowledge and dietary rules e.g. calorie counting, times of eating, ritualistic behaviours, food combining, avoidance of fats and fatty foods
- Activity level and exercise
- Motivation to change and service user’s aims of treatment
- Calculation of nutritional requirements for weight maintenance and weight gain (if required)
- Treatment plan
- Dietetic care plans – advising staff on treatment
- Nutritional education
- Menus are not completed in conjunction with a dietician to ensure they are nutritionally appropriate for our client group.
- Quality improvement projects to prevent and manage unhealthy weight gain, overweight, obesity and metabolic syndrome in service users some of whom will be taking antipsychotic medication.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced Dietician with HCPC Registration
- Capable to maintain documentation
- Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region
- Clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.