Give your career a positive change.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
Cygnet Hospitals Alders and Brunel are looking to recruit members of the public to become Associate Hospital Managers.
Cygnet Alders Clinic is a 20 bed rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for women with personality disorder and complex needs.We provide a specialist psychologically informed personality disorder pathway across three living areas; from Severn, for assessment and stabilisation, through to Avon, where service users move to as they engage and progress with their treatment pathway; and finally Coln, for a focus on community transition.
Cygnet Brunel is a 32 bed service providing neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury.Our focus is on creating an environment that engages our service users and sets the tone for recovery. Cygnet Brunel has been designed and equipped with an all-integrated physical environment to aid our service user’s neurobehavioural rehabilitation process. Our specifically designed environment assists the men to manage visual, spatial and perceptual difficulties.
In this Independent Hospital Manager role you will:
- Oversee hearings to review the care, treatment and detention of patients who are detained under the Mental Health Act (MHA).
- Decide, based on both verbal and written evidence from healthcare professionals, if the patient can be discharged from their detention under the Act.
- You will also have the role of scrutinising the documentation of sectioned patients.
- Please note that this is a self-employed position and is on an as-needed basis when the hospitals require your attendance.
We're looking for people who:
- Have an interest in mental health issues and/or have worked in the field and with good communication skills.
- Although previous experience in this area is desirable, Independent Hospital Managers do not require any special skills or qualifications as full training will be provided.
In return we’ll offer you:
- £85 per hearing plus travel expenses.