I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's St Edmunds Hospital in Bury St Edmunds has a vacancy for a Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapy to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department .
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Knowledge of CSP/RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
* Advanced training/recognised qualifications in specialist area. For example, BAHT Level I or equivalent plus further formal hand therapy education
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
* Previous experience in post-op hand therapy is required
Duties of this role include:
* Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate. Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used.
* Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
* Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
* Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise following self-learning, specialist peer review, attending the biannual hand therapy study days and BAHT Level II courses.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
* Act as an advocate for patients with safeguarding needs; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
* Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
* Provide assessment and treatment for all hand and wrist conditions.
* Engage with the Upper Limb Services Manager for clinical support, organisation of peer review, specialist CPD and national operational processes and marketing.
* Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the hand therapy service within the hospital, working closely with the local and regional marketing team, consultants and GP referrers.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
£ 31696 - 41787 Per yearFull timePermanentCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Our TrustCambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambr...
£ 35,000 - 37,000 Per yearFull time...PermanentIpswich, Suffolk, England
Health and disability assessment role – Disability Analyst in Ipswich Location: Ipswich Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 Experienced Physi...
£ 38000 - 38000 Per yearFull timePermanentBishop Auckland, Durham, England
Functional Assessor - Physiotherapist - Bishop AucklandStarting Salary: £38,000 + Generous Benefits Package + Overtime Opportunitie...