King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of London’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a unique profile of strong local services and a focused set of specialist services. This includes providing specialist services to patients across a wide catchment area. We are recognised nationally and internationally for our work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac and haemato-oncology.
The Variety Club Children’s hospital is contained within King’s and provides the following specialist services; national paediatric liver disease and liver transplantation, regional level 3 neonatal unit, regional paediatric Cystic Fibrosis, regional paediatric gastroenterology, shared care paediatric haematology/oncology and paediatric neurology and neurosurgery. A paediatric homecare IV service is also provided to the local community. The Women’s services include obstetrics, gynaecology, urogynaecology, assisted conception and an early pregnancy unit.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated pharmacist with a clinical pharmacy background and enthusiasm for Women and Children’s Clinical Pharmacy Services. The successful applicant will be expected to be a team player with excellent communication skills and sufficient experience as a registered pharmacist including relevant hospital pharmacy experience.
Opportunities are available for personal and professional development including
- Participation in Consultant-led ward rounds & medication reviews
- Drug expenditure reporting and supporting cost-effective prescribing
- Participation in activities such as clinical audit, risk management, clinical guideline development, and training.
- Provision of specialist clinical advice both internally and externally.
For further details / informal visits contact:
- Training in specialist clinical areas such as Paediatric Liver & Gastroenterology, CF, Haematology/Oncology and Critical Care.
Helen Cooper (Senior Pharmacist) or Kate Pine (Team Leader) from Women’s and Children’s Services Apply
ext 35723 or Gavin Miller, Deputy Director of Pharmacy, Clinical Services on Apply
or email Apply
or Apply IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College L