I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Clinical Chemistry team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
Combined with the lower income tax rate and no VAT this equates to a salary of over one band higher than the UK-equivalent Band.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary is up to £50,172 plus an annual bonus of £1,120 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
The department uses the following analytical platforms:
- Two Roche Cobas 6000s consisting of a mixture of c modules and e modules connected to a Roche MPA
- Orgentec Alegria clinical ELISA analyser
- Sebia Minicap automated capillary electrophoresis analyser
- Dynex DSX /Best 2000 microtitre plate processor
- Cobas b123 blood gas analyser
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services, diagnosing and treating patients within the hospital, and supporting people with disabilities in the wider community.
Their Health Service provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Health Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Biomedical Scientist with full HCPC registration.
- Current or recent Band 6 or 7 experience (or independent sector equivalent) in a full range of Clinical Chemistry
- Proficient in providing training and supervision of junior scientific staff within the IBMS training guidelines. To work individually or as part of a small team
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- First 3 months accommodation free
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £1,120 annual bonus.
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit www Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
£ 42000 - 51300 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Haematology and Blood Transfusion team ...