Are you an experienced Clinical or Forensic Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Give your career a positive change with a brand new opportunity at Cygnet Sherwood Lodge.
We are recruiting a Clinical / Forensic Psychologist to join our team. We can looking for someone who can work 16 hours per week, flexible between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Sherwood Lodge is a CQC 'Outstanding' 17 bed specialist high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further nine bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
To provide a high quality psychology service including diagnostic, neuro-psychological and risk assessments, formulation and intervention planning. The candidate will lead in providing consultation on clients’ progress along the care pathway to colleagues, other professionals and clients families/carers.
Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and understanding of behaviours displayed by service users. To formulate and implement psychological treatment, interventions and management plans for individual service users relating to their diagnosis, potential risks and social needs are also key requirements of this role.
The post-holder will have a key role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Volunteers and Psychology Trainees/Students on site. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development and the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
As a member of the psychology department, there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research.
We are looking for people who have:
• A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC Registration
• Experience of working with a variety of adult client groups, ideally within learning disabilities and/or autism
• Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of learning difficulties, of varying severity and complexity
• Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions
• UK Driving Licence preferred
• Experience of various psychological therapies/models and risk assessments i.e. HCR-2, RSVP, • Training and supervision experience is desirable
• The ability to work independently and as part of a therapies team
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary: £19,000 (based on 16hrs per week)
• Company pension scheme
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Free meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
• Opportunities to broaden experience and enhance service development across Cygnet Learning Disability services
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.