Are you looking for a new challenge within rehabilitation for women?
Cygnet Alders Clinic is a 20 bed rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for women with personality disorder and complex needs.
We provide a specialist psychologically informed personality disorder pathway across three living areas; from Severn, for assessment and stabilisation, through to Avon, where service users move to as they engage and progress with their treatment pathway; and finally Coln, for a focus on community transition.
This role is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
In this role you will:
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation is key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.
The Successful Candidate:
• A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
• Experience in the field of adult mental health and/or acute inpatient mental health is essential
• Currently operating as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary £24,065 PA
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
• Opportunity to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
• Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists – Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
• Subsidised meals
With over 120 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.