I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are currently looking for a number of experienced support workers to work at our service in Birmingham. Must have experience of working with either challenging behaviour, learning disabilities or mental health.
Must be a good team player. ideally have health and social care level 2/3.
Will be required to days/nights and alternate weekend although just days or nights may be considered.
Main function of the job:-
To provide care in accordance with best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and government regulations under the direction of the line manager. This position includes a number of responsibilities supporting nursing management through audits, contribution to care plans, training and mentoring other support workers and assisting administration of medication to service users.
Main duties of the role:-
1. Ensure that service user rights are protected.
2. Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
3. Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
4. Observing service users to ensure a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
5. Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
6. Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
7. Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
8. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
9. Evaluate care plans and standards of care competence.
10. Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
11. Assist in the administration of medication (where necessary)
12. Conducting audits and risk assessments related to service users, premises, business and service.
13. Carry out fire tests and completing the fire book weekly.
14. Handling or auditing monies at the start and end of shift.
15. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
16. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
17. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
18. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
19. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or manager.
• 2 years’ experience as a support worker through prior employment
• Calm natured and patient
• Good communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Flexible working methods
• Knowledge and experience of working with challenging behaviour
• Possesses qualifications relevant to the role