Are you a Specialty or associate specialist Doctor looking for your next challenge in psychiatry?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity which has become available at Cygnet Hospital Taunton. We are recruiting for a Specialty Doctor to start, working Monday - Friday 09.00 - 17.00 (1:4 on call included in salary). This post will cover our female Older Adult acute ward.
Confident with assessing and dealing with a wide range of psychiatric disorders, you’ll work with a supportive multidisciplinary team to provide tailored care for our service users.
We're looking for someone with previous psychiatric experience. You will be expected to be fully involved as a practicing psychiatrist within the multidisciplinary team, with delegated responsibility for the patients assigned to yourself. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you'll be required to work collaboratively and effectively within a busy team. You’re passionate about providing the best interventions for service users, and ensuring the safety and development of your team and the inpatients in your care. You’ll be available for on-call cover when necessary.
You will be offered:
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
- You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Monthly CPD Grand Rounds where you will attend educational meetings and get the opportunity to meet fellow psychiatrist from across the region.
- Subsidised meals on duty
Able to demonstrate the abilities, experience and skills needed to deal effectively and constructively with conflict in challenging situations, you have taken an active part in service improvement and in developing your knowledge and skills in the use of psychological treatmentsThis is a great opportunity to set the culture and shape the services. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Teaching and CPD programmes
- Generous study and exam leave
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Appraisal and peer supervision
- Possible rotation between services
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- For further information on all of our opportunities, or to apply, please visit Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*