I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
BMI Lancaster Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's largest provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The Lancaster Hospital is a 25 bedded private facility and boasts an excellent city centre location. With facilities consisting of 1 laminar-flow Operating Theatre, a Minor Ops Unit, Physiotherapy Services, Consulting Rooms and Imaging, procedures range from routine investigations to complex surgery. With a good reputation locally, The Lancaster Hospital is currently embarking on an exciting business growth plan as part of wider group investment programme.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join the Pharmacy department on a PART TIME basis for a period of 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
The role will cover 12 hours per week with flexibility on the shifts covered depending on activity and need at site. This role would therefore suit an experienced Pharmacist who already works on the bank or on a part-time basis elsewhere, or who needs flexibility in their working week due to other family and personal commitments.
Duties of this role will include:
* To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input into the care of the patients within a BMI hospital, supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers.
* To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines, whilst supervising junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service.
* To assume responsibility for clinical service as identified.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
* Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacist.
* Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice
* Recent experience of dispensing medicines.
* Good organisational and planning skills - able to plan and organise tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock.
* Attention to detail - ensure accurate recording of data, including patient drug history.
* Hospital Experience Essential
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* Private Health Insurance
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays (pro-rata)
* Access to a full range of training and development support via our dedicated in-house BMI Learning Academy
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV.