An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Sheffield.
Cygnet Hospital Sheffield offers low secure and mental health rehabilitation services for women and CAMHS services for male and female adolescents over four distinct wards.
This position will be based on Peak View – a 15 bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people both male and female and is focused on helping them return home. Workis dedicated to helping them maintain their school placements if possible and admissions can be either formal or informal. Having a PICU and general adolescent acute service on one site provides a clear therapeutic pathway through the services.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the patients on the ward.
You will undertake initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under Consultant supervision of inpatients of the unit. Each patient must be interviewed and reassessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
Good communication with ward nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day.
To participate in treatment plans and programmes as appropriate to ensure good medical practice within the MDT setting.
The post-holder will participate in clinical audit, collating, analysing and presenting data at clinical audit meetings and care conferences as directed by the Consultant.
General working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00 and will this role will include participating in the on call rota.
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration along with post registration experience
• Relevant experience within CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health services)
• The ability to interview and assess patients whilst making informed decisions in reference to appropriate treatment options
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
• Up to date record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• The ability to work as part of a Multidisciplinary Team
• Desirable: MRCPsych or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme
o You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
o You will get the opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
o You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
o You will get support with the MRCPsych exams.
- Salary: up to £85k (depending on experience)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave and CPD opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.Are you interested in joining our CAMHS service within a role where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.