I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Nelson House is a modern and spacious 32 bed locked rehabilitation recovery service for men with mental illness. By having a focus on the development of skills for independence the unit provides a positive step for patients, many whose next step will be living in the community. It helps patients learn new ways of managing their conditions and symptoms with the aim of helping to prevent any future relapse. For patients with challenging behaviours, Nelson House helps them to learn skills to change their response to anxiety and distress.
* To support and assist registered nurses in the delivery of quality care.
* To promote independence and encourage patient involvement in their care through effective communication and engagement.
As a Recovery Support Worker you will be working within a team, which includes a range of professionals. You will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care within a medium secure forensic setting.
The patient group consists of personality disordered individuals and those experiencing enduring mental illness.
You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolios.
Skills and Knowledge
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work flexibility
* Basic Literacy skills
* Common sense approach to problem solving.
* Basic numeracy skills
* Motivation and initiative
* Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
* Education to GCSE Standard
* NVQ or equivalent would be an advantage.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* A contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Personal health insurance
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* Private Dental Cover
* Flexible Benefits Packages
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.