Our Hospital is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
About the Role:
To provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of non-invasive cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology Diagnostic Outpatient Centre.
- To be technically proficient in all non-invasive cardiology procedures and develop a strategy and be responsible for the delivery of core specialist training to meet the training requirements of cardiac physiology staff
- Follow departmental guidelines and protocols for each procedure relevant to the post ensuring quality control and reporting methods.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature, and to communicate these findings to other relevant team members and cardiologist.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the patients' clinical status in fields of technical cardiology
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times e.g. Anticipating the need for further investigations on the basis of findings from an ECG or Holter monitoring.
- Provide technical cover to all areas of the technical service, within boundaries of personal competencies, as needs of department dictate including flexible working hours and on call commitment.
- Where necessary, move sensitive, expensive and sometimes heavy equipment between areas.
- Prepare equipment ensuring daily checks and calibration is carried out on all cardiac investigations equipment used in the cardiology department carrying out day to day troubleshooting.
- Investigate any identified or reported electro-medical equipment faults and resolves issues directly or passes onto biomedical engineering department or external technical support.
- Adhere to departmental policies and protocols ensuring a quality service is maintained throughout all areas of the cardiology department.
- Adhere to rules, policies, procedures and standards of The Harley Street Clinic together with all relevant mandatory obligations.
About the Individual:
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
- Relevant professional qualification with the RCCP (Registered Clinical Physiologist)
- BSE accreditation is required
- Interest in research and Audit
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high quality care and services
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional training and development
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Diplomatic with positive attitude
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.