I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
The Royal Star and Garter Home is an established care facility
South West London
Main Purpose of Job:
• To assist with the planning and implementation of a varied activities programme. This should include individualised and group activities and days out that are person centred and appropriate to residents’ requests, needs and abilities.
• To develop and maintain life histories and military care plans celebrating people’s unique history and experiences, in collaboration with the nursing team. To promote and facilitate the Activities Strategy and develop the Activities service collaboratively with the Activities Manager.
• To work closely with Activities Manager to plan and co-ordinate volunteering activity for the support and benefit of residents.
• To actively promote a culture where the activity programme is accepted and recognised as essential to wellbeing and integral to daily care, and is the responsibility of all staff supporting residents
• To organise and enable care staff to deliver a range of activities as part of their daily routine. Provide leadership and support to encourage and generate ideas.
• To actively promote the Charity’s Star Qualities and Values as integral in daily care
• To maintain and objectively review statistical information regarding the participation of residents in activities and to incorporate person centred care planning in regard to resident’s activities into their (Caresys) care plan.
• To regularly evaluate activities to ensure success, suitability and popularity. Develop new ideas in consultation with the residents, relatives, activities staff, and other staff within the home.
• To assist in the planning and delivery of a wide range of person centred daily/weekly/monthly individual and group activities and outings.
• To seek out and identify appropriate entertainers, activity visitors and schedule special events in consultation with the Activities Manager and other individuals.
• Nurture contacts with local care organisations, schools and other parties to participate in a reciprocal relationship with the Home.
• To ensure that activities and outings are enjoyable, stimulating and person centred while taking into account any age related needs, disabilities and personal choices.
• To motivate and encourage residents to participate in activities and ensure that all residents have equitable access to all activities and outings.
• To be flexible with working hours have the ability to accompany residents on outings and attend/manage weekend/evening internal events where appropriate.
• To ensure all activities both internally and externally are suitably risk assessed for those individuals taking part.
• To undertake such other duties as may be required and which are consistent with the nature of this post
• When required to take a Lead role and be the first point of contact for Activities when the Activities Manager is not in the Home.
• At all times, to promote the interests of the Charity and ensure that the culture and ethos of The Royal Star & Garter Homes is maintained, nurtured and supported
• To ensure within the scope of your role that you promote health and safety and comply with the requirements set out in the Home’s Health & Safety Policy and the Data Protection Act, 2013.
• To be aware of, and assist in the co-ordination of the fire evacuation and all other emergency procedures
• To actively promote the concept of Equality and Diversity in all aspects of your role.
• To be aware of and comply with the Home’s security procedures
• The role requires a high degree of confidentiality and, it is expected that the job holder will meet these exacting standards at all times.
•To promote and deliver the highest standards of care, respect and support to residents, colleagues and others
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Imaginative, innovative, creative and confident
• Customer care focus
• Caring, energetic and positive
• Genuine empathy and interest in working with older people
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision making
• Able to motivate others
• Good team player and builds relationships
• Flexible and adaptable
• Good literacy and numeracy abilities
• Computer Literate – Microsoft –outlook/ word/excel/PowerPoint
• Hold a UK driving licence and be able to undertake MIDAS training
• Previous experience working with older and disabled people
• Previous experience in providing meaningful activity involvement for older people with Dementia
• NVQ or other qualifications in Care / Activities
• A relevant hobby, eg., musical, drama, art/craft that can be shared with residents
• A creative background in organising or involvement in events, activities either on a professional or personal basis
• Ability to drive Charity mini bus and to obtain MIDAS qualification
£ 32,000 - 35,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Staff Nurse, Outpatients - Brand New Surgical Hospital £32,000 - £35,000 + Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Season Ticket Loan F...
£ 30,000 - 37,500 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Endoscopy Nurse **Brand New Specialist Endoscopy Centre** £30,000 - £37,500 + Annual Bonus Private Medical Insurance, Pension and m...