An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Clinical / Forensic Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Clifton Hospital, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Clifton Hospital is a 24 bed specialist low-secure service for men with a personality disorder, who also present with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours.
The service is psychologically informed and we create opportunities for sustained positive behavioural change. We achieve this by applying a consistent approach where the men in our care feel encouraged to develop positive interpersonal skills to reduce maladaptive behaviours. We also have a Recovery College based within the service where we encourage and support service user engagement.The Opportunity
To provide a specialist psychology service to patients with personality disorder and co-morbid presentations; helping to understand, prevent and/or ameliorate psychological distress and disorder to improve mental health and wellbeing.
Take a lead in the design and implementation of individual and group psychological treatment interventions which are informed by a variety of clinical models (such as DBT, Mentalization based Therapy (MBT), Schema Therapy, CBT, etc.)
The post-holder will work as part of an MDT of clinicians and support staff, providing psychological interventions and assessments which may include personality disorder assessment, risk of violence assessments and sexual violence risk assessments (such as IPDE, HCR-20, RSVP etc.)
To have a key role in training, supervision and providing clinical support to the Regional Director of Psychology Services (Midlands). This will involve contributing to service development and providing wider clinical support to other personality disorder services within the region.Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC registration
• Sufficient experience working within secure services and/or an adult personality disorder client group who also present forensic histories, mental health conditions and challenging behaviours
• Currently operating as a Senior / Lead / Head Psychologist with experience of people management and providing clinical supervision
• Trained in complex therapies such as Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
• Experience of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group
• Experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical populationAbout Us
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years.In return, we will offer you
• Salary up to £65k (depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
• Opportunities to broaden experience and enhance service development across Cygnet Personality Disorder servicesRequirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and would like an informal discussion prior to applying, please contact Matthew Gill (Regional Psychology Director - Midlands) on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*