King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated clinical pharmacist to join us in our Band 7 rotational programme. King’s has a number of tertiary care specialties and our successful rotational programme is designed to offer clinical experience in providing high quality pharmaceutical care to patients across all sites at King’s College Hospital (Denmark Hill, Princess Royal University Hospital and Orpington Hospital). Rotations include anticoagulation, clinical services, clinical Nutrition, hepatology, neurosciences, critical care & medicines finance, specialist medicine, medicines safety, haematology & aseptics, acute medicine, frailty, surgery & clinical nutrition, respiratory medicine & antimicrobials and post-acute care and cardiology. Critical Care experience will be gained during the Medicines Finance rotation, which offers a unique opportunity to learn about the commissioning, monitoring and reporting of high-cost drugs, contract and performance monitoring.This post would be suitable for an individual who is looking to develop their clinical skills across a range of specialties, as well as their leadership and managerial skills.
Each rotation lasts eight months.
Key activities of the post holder in each rotation will be to:
- Act as a specialist practitioner and role model and manage the day to day pharmaceutical care of patients in the rota’d specialty
- Attend daily consultant ward rounds in specific rotations
- In the anticoagulation rotation, participate in the pharmacy-led clinics
- Respond to clinical queries both internally and externally
- Produce monthly financial and activity reports including monitoring of cost savings initiatives
- Conduct research and audit projects
- Participate in activities such as risk management, clinical guideline development and staff trainingThis exciting programme provides flexible and challenging opportunities for both personal and professional development. The rotation has structured objectives designed to ensure that the participants gain sufficient experience and skills while contributing to the department and trust priorities.The successful applicant will be a team player with significant clinical experience as a registered hospital pharmacist, excellent interpersonal skills, a strong desire to learn and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links t