Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Senior Healthcare Support Worker- band 3- £17,787-£20,448 per annum + excellent NHS Benefits
Are you an experienced band 3 Healthcare Support Worker looking for an opportunity to further your career in one of the largest NHS Trusts in the UK?
We currently have opportunities available for qualified band 3 Healthcare Support Workers to join our Medicine and Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal divisions. As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing the care and therapy to patients as delegated by the Registered Practitioner and directed by the appropriate team leader. We have opportunities available across a wide range of specialities, including Acute Medicine, Complex Care, Surgery, Theatres, Complex Assessment Unit.WHY APPLY?
Our Senior Healthcare Support Worker posts will provide you with-
- Award winning facilities- you may be based in our Brunel building, which has won numerous awards including Best Designed Large Hospital at the European Healthcare Awards
- Training and development- we will support you with your professional development aspirations- our Learning and Development team have achieved the Skills for Health Mark for the standard of its education and training
- Incremental pay progression when you are on a permanent contract, with structured reviews and continued professional development
- Excellent location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker, you will play a key role in the delivery of patient-centred care. Key duties will include:
- Supporting Registered Nursing staff in the provision of care to patients in the department
- Assisting with patient assessment within level of competence, immediately reporting any changes in the patients’ physical and mental condition to the Registered Practitioner/Assistant Practitioner
- Communicating effectively, sensitively and compassionately with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Acting at all times in a manner, which illustrates respect for privacy, dignity and confidentiality
Successful candidates will have:
- A level 3 qualification in healthcare such as Clinical Health Diploma level 3, NVQ LEVEL 3 direct care, Healthcare Support worker apprenticeship level 3 or similar. If you don’t have a relevant qualification for this role, your education pathway will be decided at interview. This may be in the form an apprenticeship, competencies or units only.
- Previous experience working in a hospital setting
- A passion for delivering high standards of care within a multidisciplinary team
Or if you know someone who may be interested in this post, please share.Interview Date:
10th December 2018
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on thi