Our client is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world. From their contact centres to care homes; health and dental centres to their state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of their operation is dedicated to a purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
They are currently recruiting for a Senior II Mammographer to come and join their team.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team - showing flexibility of shared tasks.
- To ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both staff and patients whilst ensuring that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered to patients and consultant users.
- This role is primarily based in the General X-ray department but includes rotation through the CT department to establish and maintain CT competence. CT competence is essential for the purposes of participation in the on-call roster. Post graduate Mammography qualification and clinical experience is also essential in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high standard of imaging and patient care in accordance with the departmental and hospital quality standards.
- Perform high quality examinations as required by referring clinicians according to departmental policies and procedures.
- To work accurately to maintain a high standard of radiography and to keep patient waiting time to a minimum in order to comply with standards of quality.
- Ensure that monitoring standards for patient care, technical performance and reporting provides a high quality service.
- Participate in a Quality Assurance programme for equipment, processing and Radiation Protection, maintaining accurate records and reporting problems to the appropriate personnel.
- To be prepared to train and work in the various speciality areas of the department on a rota basis as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Be fully conversant with the Radiology Information System (RIS), PACS, and the computerised method of patient and examination documentation.
- Ensure that effective booking, information, reporting and filing systems are maintained and developed.
- Assist in the care of all equipment within the department ensuring that cleanliness is maintained and that all equipment faults are reported immediately to a supervisory person.
- Participate in a departmental On-Call rota and work flexible hours if required to accommodate changing workload patterns.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Advisor on all matters related to Health & Safety.
- Be aware of, and conversant with, the Health and Safety at Work Act and comply with the regulations set out to ensure safety to patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Record all accidents and untoward occurrences according to Hospital policy.
- Attend fire lectures and fire drills in accordance with the law and be fully aware of the position of fire alarms, emergency equipment and exits.
- Understand implications of Integrated Governance and adhere to hospital governance policies including the reporting of incidences and near misses.
- Ensure compliance to standards in respect of all legislative requirements, including but not limited to CQC, HSE, DSE, Fire, COSHH, BLS, Manual Handling, Safeguarding Children & Adults, Information Security and Infection Control.
- Maintain safe working practices and adhere to clinical risk management policy and recommendations.
- Proactively assist in audit and quality assurance programmes.
- Adopt the correct administrative procedures when dealing with complaints from patients/relatives following set policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- BSc or DCR in Radiography
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Post- graduate experience in a Senior II / Band 5 Radiographer post
- Post graduate Mammography qualification and experience
- Effective communicator
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Tact and empathy when dealing with patients and relatives
- Ability to remain calm under stressful situations
- Willing and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.