A new opportunity has arisen for a Bank Scrub Nurse to join our fantastic team at Southampton Treatment Centre.
At the centre we only treat NHS patients providing high quality specialist care to the people of Hampshire, including Southampton and surrounding areas.
As a Scrub Practitioner you will undertake all aspects of clinical work in the theatre area and provide a high standard of patient care and safety.
Key duties will include:
• Being responsible for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase
• Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways
• Ensuring that patients made informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal requirements
• Ensuring that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients
• Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the theatre complex is maintained, adhering to infection control policies and procedures, Health and Safety policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner
• Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice
• Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department
• Able to scrub for Orthopaedics (including Hips and Knees)
For more information please visit Apply
Skills & Experience
• NMC registered Nurse Part 1