Are you looking for a new challenge within adult mental health and learning disabilities?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting rotational opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Healthcare.
We are currently seeking two Occupational Therapists (Band 5) to join us on a full time basis, working 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday. We are offering a post at both Raglan House and Cygnet Cedars, where you will rotate after a year to the other service.
Cygnet Cedars is a 24-bed intensive mental health rehabilitation service in Birmingham for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further two bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
Raglan House is a 25-bed intensive rehabilitation service in Smethwick for females with mental health needs. The hospital also has a step-down service in the community to allow for further development of skills and transition to community living. Both services offer a range of interventions to address recovery, exploring meaningful activity and maximising independence.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with the OT team and onsite MDT who will assist you in the day to day duties of the OT department
• Manage a defined caseload of clients using evidenced based practice / client based principles
• Complete assessments which inform the planning and facilitation of interventions appropriate to the client’s needs, choices and interests
• Receive support from the Specialist OT on site to further develop your OT experience and skills.
The Successful Candidate:
• A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
• Experience in the field of Mental Health and/or Learning Disabilities is preferred
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skills.
In return we will offer you:
• Salary from £24,065
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Monthly supervision with the Specialist OT
Support to complete your Preceptorship if newly qualified.
Opportunity to rotate to a sister hospital after one year to further your clinical knowledge and experience.
• Opportunity to attend monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and case discussion specific to the clinical area you are in. These meetings are led by the Clinical Lead in that service line.
• Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
• CPD and research opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity and would like an informal discussion opportunity, please contact Hollie Rawson (Head Occupational Therapist) on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.