I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Full Time - 40 Hours
A new opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary medical team at our Portsmouth based Hospital. You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills in a range of general ophthalmic out-patient and surgical procedures including Cataracts.
As a Consultant you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment. The modern and comfortable centre provides high quality, specialist care to the people of Portsmouth and the surrounding areas in day surgery and outpatients as well as diagnostic services. At the forefront of high quality delivering healthcare within the local communities our treatment centres and hospitals have a truly impressive track record in patient experience and clinical success which sets us apart from other privately run facilities in the region.
You'll find we use the latest technology, our facilities are clean, bright and modern, and our care teams experienced and friendly. At our Portsmouth Hospital we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety. We believe in treating patients as quickly and carefully as possible, helping them to feel better, faster.
- Preoperative intra operative and postoperative activities as well as time allocated for clinical supporting work
- Participation in the outpatients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the operative care of the patients
- Spend the equivalent of at least three days in the operating theatre and two days a week in a combination of outpatient assessment; administrative, management and clinical governance duties
- Work closely with clinical colleagues, both specialists and RMO's, in order to enhance the level of patient care at the centre.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
- Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
- Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
- Innovative approach to provision of ophthalmology services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills - fluent spoken and written English
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- Past record of academic achievement
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
Together with a completive base salary we offer our Consultants a range of benefits including contributory pension scheme and 10 days CPD with generous financial contribution. Relocation allowances are also available for qualifying candidates.
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year. Our facilities are modern, employing the latest technology and friendly, professional staff. We have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, we're passionate about giving our patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.
If you would like to apply for his position please email your CV to email@example.com or call 01489774218.
£ 85.00 - 95.00 Per hourFull timeTemporaryCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Locum Consultant in Ophthalmology. One of our clients in the South East of England are looking for a Locum Consultant in Ophthalmol...
£ 80.00 - 90.00 Per hourFull timeTemporaryNorthampton, Northamptonshire, England
Locum Consultant in Ophthalmology. One of our clients in Northamptonshire are looking for a Locum Consultant Ophthalmologist specia...