Are you an experienced Social Worker seeking a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
An opportunity has become available for to join our team at Cygnet Sheffield on Spencer Ward.
Spencer Ward is a Female Low Secure service which aims to promote a supportive and therapeutic environment for service users who may present significant behavioural challenges. All service users are detained and may be either stepping down or up in terms of security provision. Service users have the opportunity to develop their own care plan, receive support from a full multidisciplinary team and can have involvement in meetings and other therapy groups.
To work in partnership with service users, their carers/family, the multidisciplinary team, organisations and others to assist with the recovery process. You will help to inform service user needs / risk assessments, multidisciplinary input and the analysis of risk in relation to offending/re-offending, whilst also leading on the social care needs of the service users.
The post holder will ensure that service users and their carers are aware of their legal rights and take an active role in safeguarding within the multidisciplinary team. You will also provide a written report to the multidisciplinary team and the allocated care coordinator in the community mental health team for each Care Programme Approach review.
As a Social Worker you will forge links and maintain contact with other statutory agencies including maintaining links with the local authority holding section 117 MHA responsibilities and criminal justice agencies such as Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA), and Victim Liaison Teams and Probation Teams.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• A HCPC Registered Social Worker along with a relevant qualification
• Experience working within a mental health setting
• Understanding of Safeguarding; Health & Safety; Data Protection; Confidentiality Issues; Equality & Diversity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Good literacy skills, attention to detail and the ability to complete comprehensive reports
Cygnet Sheffield is a 55-bed hospital comprising of; a mixed adolescent general CAMHS ward, a CAMHS Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU) ward, a female adult low secure ward and a female adult locked rehabilitation ward.
In return, we will offer you:
• Support from a Lead Social Worker
• Company pension scheme and Free life assurance
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• Opportunities for CPD and further learning and development
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*