Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health and ASD?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that have become available at Cygnet Harrow.
We are currently recruiting an Occupational Therapist (Band 6 / Specialist) to work 37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow provides a recovery focused service treating a wide range of mental health problems. We also offer specialist diagnostic, assessment and inpatient services for individuals with mental health needs and who also have a dual diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
In this role you will:
Manage a defined caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services, holding responsibility for defined projects.
Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Occupational Therapy service at Cygnet Harrow.
Provide support and supervision to Band 5 OTs and student Occupational Therapists on practice placement.
Have a senior role within the OT team and deputise for Head OT as required.
The Successful Candidate:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / or equivalent
• Any experience in the field of adult mental health and/or autism is preferred
• Experience applying Model of Human Occupation to OT process
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary: £34,580.50-£40,775 (depending on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
• OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
• Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• Relocation package will also be considered
With over 120 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*