We have a new opportunity for a Housekeeper to join the multidisciplinary team at our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. This position is for 16 hours per week working on Saturday and Sunday.
At Emersons Green we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
As a Housekeeper you will be expected to provide a high standard of cleaning in clinical and non-clinical areas of the centre.
Key duties will include:
• Ensuring all areas of the treatment centre are cleaned in accordance with the specification laid down for each room
• Mopping, dusting and damp wiping all surfaces as appropriate and cleaning internal glass areas
• Cleaning toilet areas including toilet pans, wash basins, floors and wiping walls as necessary
• Operating buffing/polishing/vacuum/carpet cleaning/laundry machinery in accordance with the training provided for each machine
• Maintaining daily record of areas cleaned
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Previous cleaning experience
• Excellent communication skills
• A knowledge of health and safety
• Good standard of written and spoken English
Please note that this position is for 16 hours per week working on Saturday and Sunday.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information on Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre, please visit the website:
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.