Are you looking for a new challenge within female ACUTE mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Hospital Wyke.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist (Band 5) to join us on a full time basis, working 37.5 hours per week between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Wyke provides a comprehensive pathway of acute admissions services for men and women. Our team works closely and collaboratively with service users, their families and the referrer to provide a seamless pathway from referral to discharge. Anderson Ward is our new Female Acute service opening late 2018.
In this role you will:
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation is key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite.
The Successful Candidate:
• A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
• Experience in the field of adult mental health and/or acute inpatient mental health is essential
• Currently operating as a Band 5 or Band 6 Occupational Therapist
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary from £24,450 to £29,900
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
• Opportunity to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
• Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists – Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
• Subsidised meals
With over 120 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.